Monday, September 17, 2012

9-4-12

Well, for any and all of you that happen to be keeping up with this blog, I'm sure it will utterly shock you that this is another poem. One about the desire for love and affection. One that is probably overly cheesy. One coming from the heart of a girl who is still a teenager, realizing that she is young, but often feeling less like a child each day. Wait, that doesn't surprise you? Awww, and I was trying really hard too. :)
Anywho. The poem.



Why would someone, anyone,
Want me?
Hiding my face
Behind this porcelain mask,
So heavy, I lower my head,
And pass unnoticed.
What would cause you to notice
My dark little shadow
In this big, crazy world?
Sometimes there are people everywhere;
Yet it still feels so lonely.
There are days when I just don’t know what to think.
There are days when I feel I can relate
To the imaginary feelings
Of inanimate objects.
“How must that sign feel?”
Trying to shout its message to the world.
Ignored, passed by, unnoticed.
Its purpose unfulfilled.
But what gives me any right
To be better than that?
Why should someone notice me
Any more than that little sign?
Will anyone?
Will someone please
Take the time
To read my sign?
To hear what I have to say?
All metaphors behind,
To be mine,
So I can be theirs?



Obligatory disclaimer: it's just a poem; I'm not depressed: I just like writing. Though I suppose there may be hints of truth in there... but not that much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home