Saturday, July 07, 2012

7-7-12

Here. Something legitimately new. Just a little somethin'-somethin' I whipped up... sort of. I just wrote most of it, but a couple parts I've actually been composing all day. That's when I can tell I really need to write again, when I think about what I'll say all day long. :D


My head tells my heart it’s time to let go,
But my heart grips harder with every beat.
Logic says you’d go to her,
My spirit won’t let these feelings die.
If I let myself get bogged down,
I’ll just hold my breath through the waters
And rise above the surface once more.
I’ve tried to fight this,
But realized it’s pointless.
To argue with these things
Is to argue with fate.
The desires of my heart,
The needs of my soul,
As a compass point north,
They lead me right to you.
For far too long I’ve let myself worry.
I need to let it go.
If you love me,
You’ll tell me, in your own time.
She was once everything you wanted:
You were the sun and she was the stars,
All shining bright.
But I, I am the moon.
I work with you, reflecting your light
And giving it back to those on the other side.
I show the world the brightness in you.
Completely different, yet somehow the same:
A reflection in the water.
I am to you as you are to me.
She is to you as no other could be.
You are to her what others have been.
You are to me as only you shall ever be.
I’ve given you a gift,
I don’t know if you know it,
A treasure so rare,
It’s the first time I’ve bestowed it.
You’ve had it quite some time,
It sits in wait for you.
What’s mine is yours,
Though I know you don’t know it.
Think of me often,
Even if you won’t show it.
I’ll see you tonight,
O key to my heart,
In the sweet simple light
Of the dreams in my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home