Friday, April 13, 2012

7-1-11

I know I just posted one the other day... wait, was that just yesterday? Wow, how time flies. Well, I suppose technically it would be two days ago, but that's just because its a little after midnight.

Anyway, this one was written just a little while earlier than the previous one. I rather like this one. It starts out with sort of a dark tone (and personally, I really like that dark, mysterious undertone. I like somber things sometimes.) and edges its way towards hope.

Anyway, maybe I should just let you read it now.

And once again
I fall to my knees;
My heart falls out of my chest.
A million shards surround me.
I try to gather the pieces;
The ground is stained from my fingertips,
My fingertips washed from my tears.
My pain consumes me
Until I am just a shell,
A shadow of what I once was.
As I surveyed the debris, I felt the breeze of your love
Caressing my face,
Healing my broken heart.
I feel your breath run through me,
Renewing my soul,
Until I am only Yours.

One thing I really never do is revise my writing, especially creative stuff like this. I mean, sure, sometimes I'll go through and write a second version, but I would never dare to just change something. I mean, obviously I had a reason for stating it in a specific way at the time, so why change what I felt was right, ya know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home