Wednesday, April 11, 2012

8-8-11

Yes, most of the things I write never get proper titles. Often I simply title them with the date I wrote them. As you can see, this isn't that old, but it isn't exactly new either.

I won't deny feeling this way sometimes. Obviously it doesn't apply just in general; here I'm talking about romantic-y stuff. I know I have a God, friends, and family that love me, but sometimes there's that feeling deep inside, yearning for more, ya know?

Anyway, without further ado, ummm... this.

They don't understand,
They can't comprehend
What it's like for me.
They've all felt it,
Known it, owned it.
But I have never
Had love.
Sure, all the romantic things
Are sweet and enjoyable,
But my heart wrenches
At every "I love you" and "Baby".
How does it feel to know
There's someone who always wants you,
Who worries about you,
Thinks about you, holds you,
Understands you?
What is it like to feel
Cherished?
It is perhaps my
Deepest fear
That I shall never know.

Okay, okay, over-dramatic, somber, I know. What can I say? When I write, it's often as an outlet for pent-up emotions. So that isn't just one little incident. That's more like (well, a fairly long time) of feeling that way. Not constantly, so don't go getting all upset, thinking "Oh no, Alonna's so sad, she's not depressed, is she?" No, I'm not. In fact, I'm pretty happy as of late. But I do still want to know how it feels. Maybe one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home