Wednesday, August 22, 2012

8-16-12

I have been somewhat of a writing fiend lately... Not saying that all of the poems will make their way onto this blog, but still. So this is one of my lastest works (obviously, by the title). Nothing super overly special or really all that shocking from me. Simple, straightforward, and kinda mushy. Something that I (a hopeless romantic at heart) would love to be able to say to someone someday.



Take me by the hand;
I’m not afraid.
I sense your gaze,
Like a warm fall breeze,
Watching out for me.
I believe in you,
So go ahead.
Take the lead,
Show me how.
I want to know the feeling
Of being in your care,
Of belonging to you.
You have more than earned my trust,
And now, you have stolen my affection.
So teach me the way,
Guide me, shape me,
Make me a lover
In the purest sense of the word.
This love born of innocence
Will outshine the dark corners
Where lust is conceived.
We will forge our own path,
Devote our future to making
A past worth remembering.
Go our own speed,
Creating something that only we and God
Could truly understand.
Only with you
Do I no longer require my words.
Only with you
Is my easiest communication
Unnecessary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home