Friday, August 18, 2006

Holy Cow!!!

Yeah, holy cow. If you want to understand my title, you had better get reading. You see, at the start of summer, my Mom went to the Rainbow Bookstore and entered me in a reading contest. It's over now, and it was fun. The Grand Prize at each store (it belongs to a chain of stores) for the person who read the most books is.........an Apple iPod shuffle. I'm hoping I won even though I have no idea how to work an iPod. I'm thinking I should since I read-and this is the holy cow part- one hundred and six books, with over half of them from their approved reading list!
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lacey Rumley said...

Alonna -

You're amazing! I'm so proud of you for reading 106 books! Who can do that in one summer? The only downside is that you're eventually going to run out of quality books to read. Maybe you should start writing your own. That's entertaining, too, I bet. I hope you win your iPod. Luke can help you figure it out if you do.

Love you, kiddo.

-Lacey

P.S. Luke says he hasn't read that many books in his lifetime. : - )

7:40 PM

 
Blogger Emily said...

HOLY COW is right! Alonna, I am amazed!!! I love to read, and I don't think I could put down 106 in one summer! That is impressive. Nowadays I am lucky to read one in a summer!

11:46 PM

 
Blogger Adminswife said...

As I tell all my children: YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! Glad you are reading and enjoying it. It will get you through life every time. Zachary & Elyse joined a summer reading program late (because their Dad was in Georgia going to school). They had to read 150 pages in a week. They finished it in two days. So, they got their awards even though they signed up late. By the way, Adminswife is the name for Sue Rumley (Luke's mother).

2:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home